26 Ways To Remember

Just like the rest of the country I'm in shock over the events in Newtown, CT.  And just like every other mother out there, it was hard to send my boys to school this morning.  Mine left with extra hugs and kisses as I'm sure many others did.  This weekend was filled with extra snuggle time, a lot of prayers, and a lot of tears.  I've been feeling like I wanted to do something more though, some way to feel a little less hopeless and helpless in the wake of such a tragedy.  Something to pay tribute to the innocent lives that were lost.

I came across just the thing this morning on another blog I read regularly.  The idea was inspired by Ann Curry who said she was going to do 20 acts of kindness to honor the 20 children who lost their lives on Friday.  Like this blogger, I am going to do 26 acts of kindness to not only honor those children, but also their teachers who died trying to save them.  I've printed a list of their names and will say a prayer for each of them and their families as I do something to honor each of their lives.

May you all rest in peace and never be forgotten.

Charlotte, Daniel, Olivia, Josephine, Ana, Dylan, Madeleine, Catherine, Chase, Jesse, James, Grace, Emilie, Jack, Noah, Caroline, Jessica, Avielle, Benjamin, Allison, Rachel, Dawn, Lauren, Mary, Anne,  & Victoria



Comments

Post a Comment