Summer Fun

We got a lot of little activities crammed into this past weekend, which made for some fun.  We started things off on Friday night with a quick bike ride before the boys were off to bed.  I love being able to just head out on a whim with the boys and cruise the neighborhood.  We've been noticing for a while now that O had outgrown his little bike, but he wasn't receptive to a larger one.  That boy is a creature of habit for sure!  When I ride behind him though I can't help but laugh to myself at how fast his little legs go round and round to make that little bike go.  I'll have to take a video of it before the bike is off to a new little boy.  So cute!  After we had the boys to bed (both in G's room for a "slumber party") Brian and I watched a Red Box movie and had a late dinner.  We used the gift his parents had sent for our anniversary and did take out.  I was REALLY craving a BLT, but was seriously disappointed in it.  Oh well.  It was still nice to not have to cook. 

When I heard the boys wake up on Saturday morning I ran into G's room and asked if they wanted to make a quick donut run....in our pajamas!  I figured most of the town was still sleeping and the bakery is just up the road so why not have fun with it.  I said donut so they were in.  My guess is they would have worn a dress if I'd told them there was a donut in it for them. 

They hadn't been to this bakery before. I think G was impressed.





Pajamas, flip flops, and donuts - that's how we roll folks!


Later that morning we were off to a small local amusement park for a little fun before the heat and crowds came for the day.  Then it was off to run a few errands.  As usual, my little helper G came with me.  O is more of a home body and stayed with his daddy. 

One of our stops was at Target where G convinced me he needed this.


I don't think I'm ready for things like this.  He said he wanted it because he was going to get really stinky once football practice started.  I have to say I'm a little taken aback when I tuck him in at night and he smells like a man instead of lavender, berries or coconut.  This will definitely take some getting used to thankyouverymuch. 

Sunday we were off to another parade and festival.  Yes, you heard that right, ANOTHER parade.  It was HOT, it was humid, and it was sunny but the boys were troopers. 


Brian's Uncle Sobe met us at the parade and we hung out with him at the festival for a little while afterwards. 


It was Uncle Sobe's idea for the boys to go in this bounce house there they had these clubs to use and try to knock each other off of the center piece.  Apparently it was just as much fun to run along the outside and chase each other. 



Later that afternoon Brian ended up finding an EXCELLENT deal on a bike for O so we hopped in the truck and went to take a look.  We told the boys that we were running an errand, which they were not impressed with.  O was so excited when we got there and he saw the new bike.  Yay!  I guess the anticipation of something new was too much for him, but being surprised with it was okay.  We got it home and Brian worked with him to lower the seat and off he went.  He was pretty nervous at first because it was taller than his old bike, but after just a few minutes he was a champ! 






So our weekend ended just how it started...with a bike ride!  Well, and G smelling like a man.  :-)





Comments