Winter Weekend

We finally made it back to the cabin this weekend.  We hadn't been there since Christmas and it was so nice to be back!  We packed up all of the new board games we got for Christmas, boots and snow pants, and plenty of snacks for a quiet little weekend adventure.   I did manage to forget my camera though, so phone pics all around. 

The boys look less than thrilled to be playing Apples to Apples.....I can't help it if I always win!



The snow we got on Friday wasn't quite enough to use the snowmobile as planned so I pulled the boys in the sled behind the four wheeler instead.  Brian got to work making a huge winter fire outside while we ran through the trails in the woods.  


And this is what happens when your mom takes you through the woods on a sled behind a four wheeler.


Don't worry, he had fun!  He even stayed outside for another hour or so and warmed up by the fire.  The boys found a sheet of plywood that hadn't been used for their fort this summer and covered it with snow and slid on it trying to do tricks for Brian and I while we sat by the fire.  Cheap thrills I guess!

We'll be back in a few weeks and hopefully the snow accumulation will be better and we can take the boys skiing.  I can't believe winter is half over and we haven't had a chance to ski yet! 







Comments

  1. Hi Sarah!
    So fun!
    Looks like you guys had about the same amount of snow as we did on our last cabin trip. But our recent rain also brought rain in our mts and it all melted! But this week is colder again and I think they are getting more snow (fingers crossed!)

    Have your boys skiied yet?? We are hoping to get the girls in a lesson in two weeks! I can't wait!

    Thank you so much for your sweet sweet comment on instagram today too. That was so nice. I smiled and smiled, and I'm still smiling about it. I'm so glad we've met through all this internet fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! Thanks so much for coming by my blog. What fun pictures. A cabin up in the snow sounds so dreamy to this Texas girl! :) I see in your profile that you love coffee, me too! Going to check out some more of your blog. Thanks again for saying hi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment