40 Bags Update 1

It's been 1 week since we made the 40 bags in 40 days commitment and it's been fun!  Since that time I've cleaned out and organized the laundry "room," the utility/pet food closet, the "catchall" places in our bedroom, the boy's drawers, and last night was the bottom portion of the pantry.  I still need to tweak a few things in there, and need to to the upper level of it, but honestly I'm so excited for the idea I came up with for our two coat closets that I think I'm going to leave it for the weekend and do the closets tonight instead.

Here's Greyson helping out with his pajama drawer.


The pantry took on quite the transformation, partly because it was a mess and partly because there was a lot of food we were no longer going to be eating due to all of our recent changes.

I'm ashamed to show it, but here's the before...



And the "finished" project....





I need to get a few more containers, some cute labels instead of just writing on the containers with a dry erase marker, and I want to hang a clip board on one door and an apron hook on the other. 

While I was happily organizing and purging last night Brian and the boys were in the family room watching an apparently very funny movie.  During one scene, which they had to play several times, all three of them were laughing so hard they were crying.  It was a beautiful sound and at one point I just stopped and looked at them.  They were adorable!  Daisy however doesn't look too amused!  


I ended up with two bags for our church food pantry and one bag for a co-worker.


As well as two bags of garbage.


In other news, the Cub Scouts helped out at a recent arena football game and came home looking like this.


I had to leave early and apparently after the game, the boys went down on the field and the players signed their arms with Sharpie.  Lovely.  I've found some entertaining videos on You Tube on how to get the Sharpie off of them, but nothing has worked.  Any suggestions that don't involve scrubbing them with a Magic Eraser????

And just to leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling, because we can all use a does of that sometimes, my bitty boy and our puppy watching a movie.






Comments

  1. Wow, look at you go!!!!! LOVED the pic and story of the laughing boys!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing how other people are cleaning out and getting rid of stuff. It makes me giddy, and I know that's weird, but I just love purging! Your pantry looks great. I love that you gave some food to a co-worker, and to your church food pantry. That's wonderful! The picture of your boys laughing, then having tears...that makes me smile. I love it! Those are times when I want to burn the memory in my mind, forever. I just love moments like that. I wish I had an answer for the marker on skin, but I just don't know. I guess it will wear off?! But, that doesn't help you for now. Sorry!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment