On Our Menu - Week of May 20, 2013

Somehow I managed a trip to the grocery store by myself yesterday afternoon.  I also managed to have dinner done early and some snacks prepped for the week as well.  Miracle!

Since we had amazing warm sunny weather yesterday and Brian wanted a large meal after his run we made some butter and chive stuffed hamburgers with corn on the cob and this amazing Fresh Zucchini Salad
For an extremely fresh salad that you can't stop eating, try this Zucchini Carpaccio      Salad. Paper thin slices of fresh zucchini tossed with baby arugula, shredded Parmigiano Reggiano, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil. Topped with toasted walnuts.

With an early baseball game tonight this Beef With Broccoli recipe will be in the crock pot at lunch time and ready for us when we get home.  I typically make it with venison, organic soy sauce, and a little coconut sugar instead of the brown sugar.  Then I make brown rice and quinoa on the side - our house is divided on that one!



The rest of the week has this in store for us in no particular order.

Fish Tacos and Black Bean & Tomato Quinoa
Basic Fish Tacos-these were so good!



Black-bean and Tomato Quinoa



Avocado Chicken - we do it without the breading and Veggie Slaw.

Avocado Chicken Parmigiana

Veggie Slaw - Proud Italian Cook


Sweet Chipolte Salmon with Mango Salsa and an undetermined side dish :-)

Salmon with Mango Salsa

I made some spicy kale chips last night.....ummm they're gone!  Owen asked for some cookies so I'm going to try this sweet potato chocolate chip cookie recipe out on him.  These yogurt drops are in the freezer just waiting for two little boys to devour them!  I added home made berry sauce and a little honey to plain yogurt and went to town on three cookie sheets.  I also managed to whip up a double batch of granola last night - LOVE this recipe with extra sunflower seeds and no pumpkin seeds!

The rest of our meals will be determined by the weather - grill or no grill....this month has been crazy!  82 today and 57 on Wednesday.








Comments

  1. It all looks so healthy and light and summery and good!! I need to step up my game!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!!!! I want it all!! I'm coming for dinner!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment